Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Desert Hike

A couple weekends ago my in-laws were in town so we went on a little hike through the desert. I've always considered the desert to be particularly ugly and this was the first time I've ever had a change of mind and discovered there was beauty to be found.

The barrel cactus was my favorite to capture, I love the brilliantly colored spines! Some yellow, some pink, and some extravagantely red! This is my Pic of the Trip.

Here's Cory with his first time view of the Saguaro Cactus-only to be found in our oh so great state of Arizona.

A little barrel and outlooking over the desert.

Another barrel with some gorgeous color in it.

This one's had too many sweets! Look at those love handles!

Still can't get enough of these. Sorry.


Mmmmm lots of green in this one here. Not my fav but I like the Ocotillo and the blue mountains in the back.

Cory and Debbie delightfully enjoying our desert hike. It really was pretty. I was quite surprised.

Good Hiker we've got here!

This is ones a little extreme There was this little cluster of baby cacti in the grass under a bush and I thought they were cute and deserved something interesting. This is my idea of interesting. I really wanted to emphasize the white and the spines.


2 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Hey girl! I am SO GLAD you came out of hiding! What a fun blog you have! Umm...we are twins if you say sicknast!

Heather B said...

Wow that last picture is so cool! My husband grew up in AZ and he is constantly telling me how ugly Vegas is, and how gorgeous the Arizona desert is. I guess now I can see where he's coming from.