Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oahu II

Once again we took the excruciatingly long plane ride to Hawaii for a 2 day trip. Gotta love it! But hey, its free. I'm really not complaining. However, I did get excited to lay out on the beach....but apparently someone is in the works to keep me from getting some tanage. We had a cabo repeat aka NO SUN! Completely cloudy the whole trip, windy, rainy and actually a little chilly! So no awesome beach time for us but we went on this awesome hike to Waimano Falls!
This is my pic of the trip. I seriously can't get enough of it. I still sigh and get this dreamy look on my face when I see it. My husband doesn't know whats wrong with me. Little does he know...

This is what the hike looked like. We were basically picking our way through huge, slippery roots most of the time. I was fortunate to not have any falls this hike. Oh wait. I take that back. I almost fell, but LUCKILY my husband was holding my hand (because I made him) and he rescued me. My hero.
Joshie Josh and Nola accompanied us for this lovely hike. Notice again the staircase of death behind them.
I put this picture here for Michael's pleasure. He was the only one brave enough to actually attempt the rope swing-that if you didn't let go fast enough would catapult you into the rocks- imminently leading to a bloody death. He thought it was rad.
Oh Josh. Why ever would you push Nola into the freezing cold water? Oh wait. You're just joking. We all insanely decided for ourselves to jump into the freezing cold water. Who does that? I'll tell you who does-
Exhibit A:
My Husband. The Flying Squirrel.



Exhibit B:
Nola. The Leaping Frog.



Exhibit C:
Me. The not-so-enchanting Tinkerbell.



Don't deny our awesomeness.

Or the mental capability or our minds.

Now, onto more serious matters.
And yes, this is very serious.
I am calling all who look upon this to vote. Which version....
Blue???
or
Sepia???

Don't deny that my husband is simply adorable and looks good in every color.

These weird stacking-of-the-rocks are called Cairn.
They were randomly on the side of the road and Michael wanted a closer look.
He jumped out and ran across the street.
Apparently they can mean many things.
I like mysteries.
I waited impatiently and then decided to snap some pictures.

These pictures were taken rather hastily.
I wasn't expecting much out of them but I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.

Nola's into photography herself so she showed me a bit of stuff she had learned.
We practiced this little shenanigan for quite some time before we got it decently viewable.
My Husband. The Wise Monkey's.

Don't deny he can be in three places at once.
He's good like that.
The End.

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Blue. (And SO cool!)

Melissa said...

Hey Chelsea,

It's Melissa from the crazy trip home from Miami!

I hope you don't mind that I check out your blog. I got the link off your Facebook page.

I like the sepia better. :)

Steve and Chelle said...

looks like tons of fun! someday we'll have to do this with you! (maybe we'll have to get some buddy passes from our brother in law who works for skywest!)

awesome pics. I liked the blue, but the sepia looks so much more striking to me. So my vote is for the sepia! (I've always been partial to sepia though!)

miss you guys! call us next time you come home! any hopefully we'll come visit this fall! (we're going to try for a vacay in august/sept time and we were thinking of visiting you guys!) We'll let you know! :)

☂niki. said...

k, love this post!

voting was quite hard!

those are beautiful pics.

i'm gonna go with sepia.

although you can't lose with either.

Natalie Francis said...

I'd have to go with the Blue - but I'm always a color person :)

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh it looks like you guys have SO much fun! The pictures are amazing, especially when the actual animal comparisons. :) Very creative. You're awesome! Your pictures are all just AMAZING! That first one could be an add or something.